Monday, August 10, 2009

Lindsay Ward




Hello! It has been so fun to "catch up" with everyone on this blog...hopefully many more will continue to post! After graduation, I headed up to Logan to attend Utah State. My 3 years there with LHS friends were so fun, and I graduated with a BA degree in Fashion Merchandising. I began to work for the Gap during my first year of college, and 9 years later, they are a company I still love to work for. I was promoted into management in the fall of 2002, and worked at Crossroads babyGap, Crossroads GapKids, and the Gateway Gap before accepting a store manager position and moving to Billings in the fall of 2003. I packed up a Uhaul and began quite an adventure...moving to the state of Montana, all by myself, and not knowing a single soul. After a short 18 months, I was ready for adventure again, and set my sights on Seattle. I accepted a job managing a Gap in Lynnwood Washington (about 20 min. north of Seattle) in the spring of 2005. I have since transitioned to Bellevue Square Mall, which is a short bridge ride over Lake Washington from Seattle. I absolutely love my job, even on the tough days. I have 9 managers that report to me, oversee operations at 2 stores, and manage almost 7 million dollars in annual revenue. My career is challenging, and yet fulfilling at the same time, and my favorite part about my job is my staff. Most of my time is not spent on the selling floor, but rather growing and developing those that I manage into amazing leaders who can run my selling floor. I have loved all that Seattle has to offer, and a new adventure is never far away. The pictures I've posted are myself and some of my friends soaking in all that SeattIe has to offer. I often can be found lounging at the beach, going for an exploratory drive, taking in a ferry boat ride, shopping at Pike's market, cheering for the Mariners or Seahawks, trying a new restaurant with friends, going to a concert (if you can't tell, country is my fave), or taking time off to travel somewhere new. I still find my way back to Utah to visit family, and always love to entertain them when they come to visit me here. Hope this 10 year anniversary finds you all well - and here's to the next 10 years!

0 comments: