Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lori (Lessig) Tanner



Ten years, how is it that I am almost 30? The other day I had to explain to my nephew what the Berlin Wall was. As for me in 2003 I received a B.A. from BYU Provo in Public Relations. I had a really rewarding college experience, including meeting wonderful dear friends and a study abroad where we took a bus from Mexico City all the way down to Guatemala studying culture and ruins. Shortly after graduating, I moved to Los Angeles and worked for NBC in the publicity department. Yes, I met a lot of celebrities and yes they are as bad as the LA traffic. In 2006, I married a cute So Cal surfer boy, Mike, who had no plans to leave the ocean so last summer we bought a house close to the beach in West LA. BOOYA! This past November we welcomed a little girl into our home, named Catherine and… well, I fell in love, harder than I ever have before, she is my little miracle! As for me, in addition to being a mom, I am currently in graduate school working on a masters degree in speech therapy, leaving the world of entertainment for the birds. In ten years I am realizing I am more like my own mother than I want to admit (gulp), don’t travel as much as I want to, and my list of books to read just keeps piling up on my nightstand. Overall, life is treating me good; not much to complain about when you live close to the ocean!

0 comments: