Thursday, August 6, 2009

Marci (McKinstry) Webb


When I think it's been 10 yrs. since we graduated, it makes me feel old! After graduation I headed to the College of Eastern Utah on a volleyball scholarship, and had a great time. I never would have have thought I would meet my husband Tyler there, who was also at CEU on a basketball scholarship. While home from the summer of my sophomore year in college, I decided to do the Miss Layton Pageant on a dare from my friends. Ironically, I ended up winning and went on to represent Layton at the Miss Utah pageant. I wouldn't consider myself a "pageant" person, but it actually was a really rewarding experience. After Miss Utah, I got married, and my husband and I continued our education at BYU. After my husband graduated we followed his career path in pharmaceutical sales to Los Angeles. Sadly, I was unable to graduate before we moved, so I received my BA from Cal State Northridge. After I graduated I also pursued a career in pharmaceuticals, so both my husband and I sold drugs! :) We recently moved near Palm Springs, CA and although we miss being closer to our families, we don't miss the snow! Just four months ago we welcomed our first child, a sweet baby boy named Beckham, and I took a "promotion" to stay home with him, and also teach fitness classes for fun. Looking forward to seeing all of you and catching up!

0 comments: