Friday, August 7, 2009

Marci (Jacobs) Honea


I went to Cedar City (SUU) the first semester after graduating, but transfered home to WSU after that. I was here every weekend anyway seeing friends off on missions. I was fortunate enough to get a job at Delta Airlines while they were still on campus and took every advantage of the travel benefits. Once I received my AA degree, I transfered to the airport and took the Leave of Absence they offered after 9/11 (I still got to travel but didn't have to work). I was unable to return after the 5 years was up, so now I'm stuck on the ground for a time until I win the lottery and can afford to go all the places I want to. I have yet to decide what to major in for my BA, so I took a break and went to cosmetology school in the mean time. I now get to work when I want and earn what I want to, but most importantly I get to stay home with my little monkey, Jack.

Sean and I met in the Dallas 11th singles ward in Dallas, TX where I had moved shortly after returning from my mission in Hungary. Since everyone here in Utah was already married, except me, and I was bored and not doing anything exciting, I moved. We were married April 9, 2005 in the Logan Temple, then drove back home to Dallas. We've been living with my folks in Syracuse since November 2005. We initially moved back here from Dallas 3 years ago to house sit for them so they could go on a mission and Sean could go to school. It took them another year to decide to go and we've been here since. They returned from Romania/Moldova on Christmas. We're waiting to see where the wind will blow us next, but hoping for somewhere foreign.

Sean is the Utah Area Rep for Boost Mobile (owned by Sprint/Nextel) and is finishing his schooling at WSU--the reason we moved back from Dallas.
We had our first, and so far only, child on February 14, 2008. Jack is a true delight and keeps us laughing every day. Isn't it funny the mannerisms they develop and what they pick up on from grownups?

I guess we'll see some of you Saturday afternoon. Szia!

(We don't have any recent family photos, but this was our Christmas card. Our dog, Suzee has since passed away, but the rest of us are still here. We're just introducing Jack to a leash/backpack. He's slowly figuring out he can't go as far as he once could and wants to. They're wonderful!)

0 comments: