Thursday, July 30, 2009

Amber (Stevens) Hansen

Wow. The 12 years spent in school didn't seem to go as quickly as the past 10 have. After graduation I headed out to Catalina Island, to work my second summer at the Boy Scout camp Cherry Valley. Two weeks into camp I met Kevin. We spent the summer getting to know each other- we joke that the 9 weeks we spent there, together everyday, had to be the equivalent of 9 months of dating. We got home in August and were engaged in September. We got married in December. So not only am I celebrating my 10 year high school reunion this year we are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary this December! We have 4 kiddos. Noah is 8- going into 3rd grade and is quite the question asker. He wants to invent and know everything about everything. Gabriel (Gabe) is 6 1/2- going into 1st grade and loves fishing, riding his bike, and riding the longboard. Aaron will be 5 in October and likes to do his own thing, anything that his brothers are doing and learning how to swim. Sarah turns 2 Aug.30 th- she's such a character. I didn't know that I would really love having a girl until I had her. She loves babies, singing and is learning to talk just as much as her older brothers. They all have great smiles which I love. Kevin is finishing up his degree in Construction Management at Weber- we're looking forward to a Spring 2010 graduation and works for DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen. I stay at home with my kiddos and work on my "Masters" in this "Stay At Home Mom" program :) It's a full time career/education choice. Does that make sense? We built a home out in Syracuse and have lived here for almost 6 years. We love the area and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.Well, if you come to the reunion come say hello and if you don't make it you can come say hello on my blog. It's sometimes about me but mostly about my family. :) Come check out what's goin' on www.amberthinks.blogspot.com

0 comments: