Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tamara (Bowker) Kearney

After graduation, I moved to Ventura, California to live with my best friend. Things didn't work out, so, after five months, I moved back in with my folks; by then, they'd moved to Denever, Colorado. I left for the Navy two years after my younger sister did; February 2003. Little did I know that my future husband was in boot camp at the same time I was; had I gone to the Unitarian Universalist service just weeks sooner, I would have met him then. As the Fates would have it, we met onboard USS Peleliu in September 2003. We "hooked up" February 6, 2004 and he proposed April 24, 2004 and we were married a year to the date later. In October 2005 (just six months after we'd been married) we decided to have a go at getting pregnant, so that we could really have something (or someone, in this case) to call our own. Patrick left for a deployment in late February 2006. I took a test that morning and it came out negative. He told me before he left that I was pregnant and it's a girl. I found out on St. Paddy's Day that I was pregnant; found out in early June that I was pregnant with a little girl. He came home July 4th and our lovely Belladonna was born November 18, 2006. Patrick did one more deployment and returned home after only 120 days; the shortest one yet. No more now. I'm no longer active duty and working at Walgreens, of all places. I really wish this Navy veteran was able to find something better. Soon (in a few years) our own photography studio. Patrick is done with the Navy. If you're a mom, I have a CafeMom profile page: http://www.cafemom.com/home/_Tam_ If you're on MySpace, I have one of those: http://www.myspace.com/druidesspersephone I'm on Facebook. You can also find me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TamKea23

0 comments: