Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amy (Shreeve) Keeler


Hi LHS '99 Friends! Long story short:
After life at LHS I went off to Ricks College where I spent two years giddily flirting with "RM's" (which got me nowhere...), raising frogs from Wal-Mart with my roommate Alicia (Marquardt), and pursuing an Associates Degree in some kind of randomness. From there I school hopped a bit- Weber State, then BACK to what was now "BYU-Idaho," and eventually I ended up at BYU in Provo where I often ran into LHS alums. Fun. While at BYU I toured Hong Kong, mainland China, and Korea with the Young Ambassadors, and in 2006 I graduated with a BFA in Music/Dance/Theatre. Right after graduation I was hired as a vocalist by the Walt Disney Company and shipped off to Hong Kong to play "Belle" in a little show they have at Hong Kong Disneyland. Following my return from the land of Asian-ness, I came home to Utah for a few months, and was quickly hired by the company to move to Orlando and play "Belle" in the Beauty and the Beast stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Formerly MGM). It was in Orlando that I met my husband, we dated for a year-and-a-half, and got married on March 25, 2009 (NEWLYWEDS!) in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. We moved back to Utah, bought a house, he works as a marketing director, I do seasonal work for Disney, and I'm in the process of building up a vocal studio out of my home. We have a blog: http://www.maimsiecakes.blogspot.com/. Visit us there! I'm loving the updates on everyone's lives! Keep 'em coming.

0 comments: