Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Erin (Sanders) Pool


Hello everyone! Wow…the past 10 years have gone by so fast with so many crazy things that have occurred. After high school, I headed up to Ricks College to pursue a degree in Elementary Education. I met my husband, Justin, up there and we were married in June of 2001. After we were married, we both transferred to Weber State. I finished my degree there and taught first grade for a year. After the school year was over, we had our first child in June of 2004. Shortly after Jordan was born, we moved to Wichita, Kansas where we lived for two years while my husband went to Physician Assistant school. We loved living there! After he finished school, we moved back to Utah to find a job. Shortly after being back, we had Hailee in December of 2006 and built a house in North Salt Lake. We have lived here for just over two years now and we love our neighborhood. We had another little girl, Brynlee, last October and I am still trying to figure out how to get everything done with three kids. I substitute teach when I get a chance, but my main job is to run the fort! I am also excited to say that I have been cancer free for almost two years now! Yep, I am still learning how to deal with the fact that I had cancer and that I probably will have it again some day. I was diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer in October of 2007. Fortunately, it was caught very quickly and I was lucky that it hadn’t started to spread. However, a very large chunk was taken out of my arm just to be sure that they got it all. My heart goes out to all those that have to deal with any type of cancer. It is a scary thing! Unfortunately, I will be out of town during the reunion, so I will not be able to attend. I hope all is well with everyone and I wish the best for you all!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Erin, I didn't know that you were diagnosed with melanoma. I commend you for being strong and fighting it! Congrats on your 2 year mark, that is so good to hear. You have an adorable family!

Lacey said...

Erin...that is crazy! I am so glad you are ok. My mom had melanoma last year and it was scary...I hope you are doing well. Your family is beautiful and so are you!