Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Michelle (McMillan) Olson




Hey everyone! Wow, it is absolutely crazy to me that our ten year is coming up! It's funny b/c high school seems SOOO long ago, and yet at the same time I feel like, "Has it really been ten years? Am I really 27? Where did the time go?" I don't know about any of you, I still feel really young...I say to my hubby all the time, "Can you believe we have two kids? We're too young to be doing this." :)Anyway, I'll give a little update. After high school I headed down to BYU and had the time of my life. I did my first two years there and then transferred to UVSC to do their dental hygiene program. After I'd graduated, I decided to head back to BYU for one more year of schooling so that I could get my history degree as well, which I'd been working on the whole time I was in hygiene school (history is my real passion but I didn't want to do anything with it career-wise). I met my perfect match when I went back to the Y, Jared Olson from California. The funny thing is, he made a "pact" with his buddies when they came to BYU that none of them would marry Utah girls. Well, what can I say? We were married June of '04, graduated together, and headed down that very day to Phoenix AZ where Jared did pharmacy school at Midwestern University and I worked as a hygienist. We loved a lot of things about Phoenix (like the farmer's markets...super cheap produce!) but NOT the heat. Ugh. So after he graduated we moved back up here and Jared did a one year residency at Primary Children's Hospital. We bought a house in West Layton and are loving life!! We have a beautiful little girl, (quite the fireball if I do say so myself) named Siena (2.5 yrs old) and we just added a sweet little guy named Turin to the fam (3.5 mos). I am not working currently and may never go back to hygiene...I love being a mom and that was always my dream was to stay home with my kids. Life is fantastic!! I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!

0 comments: